Last modified: October 26, 2021
The Licenses tab allows you to manage licenses on your account.
The All Licenses tab displays a table of all of the licenses on your account, including Trial licenses.
Plesk 360 will not display the following types of Plesk and Plesk extension licenses:
- Plesk licenses bought by partners in Plesk Partner Central.
- Plesk licenses bought from partners.
- Plesk licenses bought from Public Cloud Services (Amazon EC2, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, etc.).
- Plesk perpetual licenses (one-time purchase licenses that never expire).
- Plesk licenses that come with a bundle of extensions shipped with, for example, Plesk Business & Collaboration Edition and Plesk WordPress Edition.
- Plesk extensions’ licenses that sell a bundle of extensions. These are usually extensions located in the Feature Packs category of the Extensions Catalog, for example Hosting Pack or Power Pack. Plesk 360 can display only a Feature Pack license itself, but not exact licenses contained in that Feature Pack.
- Feature-based Plesk extensions’ licenses. This is a legacy type of selling extensions, not as a license key but as a feature. Language Pack, for example, was previously sold as a feature.
To buy a new license:
Click Buy Plesk License to buy a Plesk license.
Click Buy 360 Monitoring Pro to buy a monitoring license.
Add existing license
To add a license purchased with another email address, click Bind existing licenses. A sidebar will appear.
Enter the email address and click Send verification. The system will send a verification email to the address.
Click the link in the verification email. The 360 Dashboard will update.
The Show option allows you to filter the table:
Active Only - Display only active licenses.
All Licenses - Display all licenses.
All Licenses table
The All Licenses table displays the following information about each license:
License type and code
Subscription cost - annual or monthly
License status - Whether the license is Active or Expired.
Next billing date
You can perform the following actions on each license:
Upgrade - Click this button to open a sidebar which will list your license upgrade options and their costs. You can confirm the upgrade by clicking the Confirm button or cancel it by clicking Cancel or the X in the upper-right corner of the interface.
Downgrade - Click this button to open a sidebar which will list your license downgrade options and their costs. You can confirm the upgrade by clicking the Confirm button, or cancel it by clicking the Cancel button or the X in the upper-right corner of the interface.Note:Not all licenses support upgrades and downgrades.
Add Extensions - Click this button to open the Add a new extension to your license interface. This interface lists all extensions available for your server and their Monthly or Yearly prices.
Click an extension to open a new tab with details about that extension.
Click Select to select an extensions that you want to add to your server. A sidebar will appear with all available options for that extension and their Monthly or Yearly prices.
Select the server to upgrade in the Subscription to upgrade drop-down menu.
You can confirm the upgrade by clicking the Confirm button, or cancel it by clicking the Cancel button or the X in the upper-right corner of the interface.
More Details - This button will open a window with the following information:
The server’s IPv4 and IPv6 address
Server Operating System
Licenses purchased through other email addresses will not appear in the table. Use the Linked emails tab to add those email addresses to this account. This will allow you to manage those licenses through this account.